Climate and Weather: Studies in Progress
At any given time, dozens of studies are underway to address specific issues in Earth & Life Studies that will lead to reports. These studies range in scope and length: some rapidly address questions to meet immediate decision making needs (for example, one report on why New Orleans' levees failed in Hurricane Katrina was absolutely necessary before the next hurricane season), while others deal with broader or ongoing issues and can span a number of years (as in the case of an ongoing review of efforts to restore the Everglades).
- Advice to the US Global Change Research Program
- Developing a U.S. Research Agenda to Advance Subseasonal to Seasonal Forecasting
- Evaluation of the Landscape Conservation Cooperatives of the U.S.Fish and Wildlife Service
- Frontiers in Decadal Climate Variability: A Workshop
- Review of the Draft Interagency Special Report on the Impacts of Climate Change on Human Health in the United States
- The Future of Atmospheric Chemistry Research